If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of the Site or any products and services offered on it.
- Type of personal information collected
- Personal Information: The type of personal information we collect may include is:
- Personal information provided by you including name, address, telephone number and email address, and
- Health information and financial information.
Collection and use of personal information
- We collect and use the personal information for purposes including to contact and communicate with you and for internal record keeping.
- Personal information may be collected:
- From a client;
- From family members or significant persons of a client;
- From any person or organisation that assesses health care status or care requirements, for example Aged Care Assessment Teams, or
- From other health providers.
We will primarily collect information from the client. We will collect information from someone else if we have the consent of the client.
- Purpose of collecting personal information
We collect your personal information for the purposes of providing you with our services. Where applicable, we may use your personal information:
- to provide aged care information services to you;
- to enable aged care providers, allied health care providers and medical practitioners to provide care and services to you;
- to enable contact with a nominated person regarding your health status;
- to lawfully liaise with a nominated representative and to contact family if requested or needed;
- to identify and inform you of any other services that may be of interest to you;
- to fulfil any of our legal requirements; or
- for other purposes permitted or referred to under any terms and conditions you enter into or otherwise agree to with respect to our services.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used in any manner or purpose specified above, please contact us.
- Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information for purposes including to provide our services to you, and as required by law. We may disclose your personal information to allied health professionals who assist us in providing care and services, medical practitioners, aged care service providers and relevant State health authorities as necessary to carry out the purposes for which the information was collected. We may not use or disclose personal information for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection, unless:
- you have consented;
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose and you would reasonably expect disclosure of the information for the secondary purpose;
- we believe on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or public safety;
- we have reason to suspect unlawful activity and use or disclose the personal information in reporting our concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to allow an enforcement body to enforce laws, protect the public revenue, prevent seriously improper conduct or prepare or conduct legal proceedings; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
- Access to and correction of personal information
Access: Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access your personal information that is collected and held by us. If at any time you would like to access or change the personal information that we hold about you, or you would like more information on our approach to privacy, please contact us. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. Correction: If you believe that any information, we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- Complaints about breach
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us on the email address below. At all times, privacy complaints will:
- be treated seriously;
- be dealt with as promptly as possible;
- be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and us.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
- Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by our authorised staff.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted to us via the Internet.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at or by mail using the details provided below: 42 Manilla Street, East Brisbane , QLD, 4169, Australia
A Home for Mum or Dad Pty Ltd is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers and stakeholders and adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Privacy Act). The Australian Privacy Principles govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.